The Constitution of Myanmar article 391 stipulates that every citizen who has attained 18 years of age on the day which the election commences has the right to vote. The following persons shall have no rights to vote (art. 392):
- members of religious orders,
- persons serving prison terms,
- persons determined to be of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent Court,
- persons who have not yet been declared free from insolvent, and
- persons disqualified by election law.
The Union Election Commission (UEC) has the duty to compile lists of voters and amending the lists.
In 2015 Elections, the UEC also used a website (https://checkvoterlist.uecmyanmar.org/) available for voters to verify and confirm their registration on the voter lists without having to visit UEC ward offices.
Constitution of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar (2008), 2008, Ministry of Information, http://burmacampaign.org.uk/media/Constitution-1.pdf.
Fiffy Viss, EGov in Action: How to Verify Voter Registration Online, June 28, 2015, https://viss.wordpress.com/2015/06/28/egov-in-action-how-to-verify-voter-registration-online/.